I’ve been thinking about how I’m gonna release my album. I originally wanted to put together my own company, though Adam Rottin has offered to put the album out through his label. I’ve also been thinking about formats: I’m probably gonna put more emphasis on a digital release than a physical release. I might follow Supastition’s lead and do a digital release first, with a deluxe physical release a few months later.
I haven’t made any decisions yet. Any ideas or suggestions are certainly welcome.
Update on the music I’ve done in 2013:
* MADCASE album with Adam Rottin - DONE. Currently in mixing/mastering stages. Will be released through Adam’s Sadie Hawkins label. Release date to be determined.
* Solo album “LUNATIC FRINGE: A SELF PORTRAIT" - just need to record a few more songs. Will be finished before the year is out. Release date to be determined (I’m aiming for February/March)
* SOUND ADVICE with Spock Jenkins - Also recording the final tracks for this to be finished when the year is out. Will include a few previously released tunes such as “Let the Good Times Roll." Will be released for free as an EP on Bandcamp ASAP.
What I’ll be working on in 2014:
* I’ll be contributing to Tuscon's IRON MIC BRIGADE project. Hope to be part of at least three or four songs.
* I’ll also be starting on a COLLABORATIVE ALBUM with Scottie Royal, who produced two songs off my solo album (the single “The Funk" and "Just Cruising" with Nice Krispy). He said he’d be down once he finishes the “Shernock Poems" project he’s doing with Precise.
How I feel most of the time.
As you can see, I changed the look of my Tumblr page cause I was tired of the old theme. Not entirely satisfied with this one either, but I’ll stick with it until I find one I’m comfortable with.
Anyway, I went to go see Run the Jewels at Cat’s Cradle last friday. Show was dope as fuck. And I’m seeing Supastition and Big Pooh perform in Raleigh this Friday, then Charlotte next Friday. Those shows should be dope as fuck too. Next month, The National comes to Charlotte and then in October, Pearl Jam will be in Charlotte. Gonna try to hit up those shows too.
And the recording of my album is still going smoothly. I start school this Monday so that’s gonna take up a lot of my time, but if I keep at it, i should have the album completely recorded by the end of October.
Thats all for now. Until next time, shine on you crazy diamonds.
Favorite albums of 2013 (so far)
In no particular order:
The National - Trouble Will Find Me
R.A. The Rugged Man - Legends Never Die
Daft Punk - Random Access Memories
Run the Jewels (Killer Mike and El-P) - Run the Jewels
Supastition - The Blackboard EP
David Bowie - The Next Day
Ghost Dog - Ghost in the Shell
Hopefully we’ll get some more great albums like this in the months to come.